Providers in the following counties:
Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Imperial, Mariposa, Merced, San Diego, San Joaquin, Stanislaus,
cannot use the CDPH Gateway/CAIR IZ Portal to sign up
for immunization data exchange with CAIR. If you are a provider in one of the above counties,
for more information.
The CDPH Gateway/CAIR IZ Portal manages electronic data exchange for all Sites in the 7 CDPH CAIR regions (NorCal, Greater Sacramento, Bay Area, Central Coast, Central Valley, LA-Orange, and Inland Empire).
Note: Since Portal message testing and onboarding is automated, sites that register are assumed ready to proceed and should follow the instructions they receive in their email confirmation. No additional formal invitations to submit will be sent, so sites must manage their own MU process.
To register, allow yourself at least 15-20 minutes. During registration, you will be asked to:
- Enter your Site information, including if a ‘clinical’ site, the name of your Lead Clinician and the Lead Clinician’s CA Medical License Number.
- Enter your Site’s EHR Information (e.g. EHR software version, EHR HL7 messaging capability, and your EHR support staff contact info.
- Choose your data exchange Site type (consult with your EHR vendor):
- Option #1: Direct submission (EHR --> Portal)
- Option #2: Indirect submission via data aggregator (EHR --> [HIE/HIO, vendor data warehouse, health plan data warehouse, etc.] --> Portal).
- Option #3: Site is data aggregator (e.g. HIE/HIO, vendor data warehouse, health plan data warehouse, etc.) and will submit data on behalf of other Sites.
- Enter Your Site’s ‘meaningful use’ (MU) Stage in 2015, e.g. MU Stage (e.g. Stage 1 or Stage 2) and your Site’s 90-day reporting period (consult with your EHR vendor).
Already registered? Login to update your Site information
After registration, you will receive follow-up emails with further instructions.
Note: These emails may be mistakenly sorted to your email account SPAM folder so please look for them there.
To begin the registration process, click the ‘Register’ button below