Providers in the following counties:
Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus,
cannot use the CDPH Gateway/CAIR2 IZ Portal to sign up
for immunization data exchange with CAIR. If you are a provider in one of the above counties,
for more information.
The CDPH Gateway/CAIR2 IZ Portal manages electronic data exchange for all Sites in the legacy CDPH CAIR regions (Including the old NorCal, Greater Sacramento, Bay Area, Central Coast, Central Valley, LA-Orange, San Diego, and Inland Empire regions).
To register, allow yourself at least 15-20 minutes. During registration, you will be asked to:
- Enter your Site information, including if a ‘clinical’ site, the name of your Lead Clinician and the Lead Clinician’s CA Medical License Number.
- Enter your Site’s EHR Information (e.g. EHR software version, EHR HL7 messaging capability, and your EHR support staff contact info.
- Choose your data exchange Site type (consult with your EHR vendor):
- Option #1: Direct submission (EHR --> Portal)
- Option #2: Indirect submission via data aggregator (EHR --> [HIE/HIO, vendor data warehouse, health plan data warehouse, etc.] --> Portal).
- Option #3: Site is data aggregator (e.g. HIE/HIO, vendor data warehouse, health plan data warehouse, etc.) and will submit data on behalf of other Sites.
Already registered? Login to update your Site information
After registration, you will receive follow-up emails with further instructions.
Note: These emails may be mistakenly sorted to your email account SPAM folder so please look for them there.
Before registering, please review the Data Exchange FAQS
To begin the registration process, click the ‘Register’ button below